Our biggest aim, in 2017, has to be to encourage working together to make the town stronger, to attract more business into the town, to increase revenue. This is not something that can be done alone, and we have started working more closely with other organisations within the town to encourage joined up thinking and collaboration.
We work for our members, without your voice, your opinion and your input we cannot help.
Join in at our monthly networking breakfasts and our monthly evening meetings and share with us your news, concerns, views.
The Tavistock and District Chamber of Commerce membership gives its members the opportunity to talk with decision makers and leaders in business, both local and regional.
When looking to start up, or expand your business we will help you through our business contacts and collective knowledge. With a great understanding of the local businesses we can place you in front of the right people at the right time.
As a member you will gain savings at networking events, such as the Networking Breakfasts, and business shows and utilise the affiliate memberships through the Chamber, such as the Devon Chamber of Commerce to help expand your business.
Our membership starts from £85 per year and you will have instant access to our monthly newsletter, topical debates, monthly meetings, offers, networking opportunities and business shows. Contact us for further details
Business assistance & activities:
To provide networking opportunities and business development activities, for chamber members. To identify key areas of growth and utilise the Chamber membership to support new businesses and existing alike, without prejudice
- To hold 10 (minimum) networking breakfasts, open to chamber and non-chamber members – offering networking opportunities and guest/key speakers to talk about relevant and current business topics that can assist in business expansion.
- To hold 10 (minimum) after business hours (where and when possible) to discuss relevant and topical business matters and provide new business contacts for members
- To produce an annual showcase of the business offerings in the area of Tavistock, and further afield promoting their excellence of provision
- To promote community event partnerships, to provide opportunities for collaboration with other organisations.
Education and community development:
To support and organise business development opportunities and sustain and expand upon the business education programs within the community.
- To promote to the younger business community and develop their involvement in the Chamber, recognizing their importance and to develop the future members of the chamber through local college education courses
- Continue and develop connections within the local education (colleges and co-operative learning groups) to support education programmes where possible.
- Encourage chamber members to participate in local education through identified employment days within the education arena
- Nominate chamber members to work alongside the local education bodies and represent the chamber at meetings and seek development opportunities for the chambers involvement
Responsible for the continued growth and well-being of the Chamber membership, cost-saving benefit programs, network and communications activities.
- To increase membership by 10% (YOY) and seek news ways of engaging with potential businesses (Business shows and stands at local and regional business events)
- To continue to contact prospective members about joining the chamber
- To identify and liaise with other business groups and work with them to support them and expand chamber membership and fill the ‘void’ in the event of their demise (so as to continue to offer support for those businesses who may be affected).
- To develop a ‘Young Chamber group’ to support their growth and captivate the young professional audience and initiate their involvement in the local business community.
- Expand the chambers Member to Member sales referrals and offers within the chamber
Works to ensure a positive governmental policy, political and legislative climate for business growth and development. To represent the chamber at local government level and to deliver the views of the business community and help influence policy.
- Conduct activities that enhance the economic growth of the community, such as providing information and/or referring people to appropriate resources about relocating to the area of Tavistock (ie - demographics, business climate, and community events) conducting opening ceremonies, supporting ideas of improvement and working with individual organisations as requested.
- Work with local governments throughout the Tavistock Area on cost sharing of services and future policy to improve their efficiency and service delivery.
- Work with local government in relation to policy decisions that have been identified and as a result may have a direct affect on the local business community.
- To identify and deliver initiatives, through member involvement, opportunities for local government to improve upon policy (removing red tape etc.) and business within the business community